These schedule 80 Special Reinforced (SR) Fittings reduce problems associated with over-tightening of female plastic pipe threads. Not just an added ring, this unique precompression design compensates for expansion forces generated from tapered pipe thread joint make-up. Radial stress is reduced in standard installations and contained in severe over-tightening situations.
- PVC with SS collar
- Provides improved sealing capabilities
- Excellent plastic-to-metal transition fitting
- Full ASTM schedule 80 conformance
- Chemical & corrosion resistant
- Temperature rating: 33°F to 140°F
- Meets NSF standards for potable water