Polylactic Acid (PLA) Filament is the most common 3D printing material used in the 3D printing industry today and is recommended for beginner to intermediate users. Polylactic acid is a biodegradable polymer plastic, made from biological materials like cornstarch or sugarcane. It is a tough, resilient material with a matte, opaque quality, but it is not as tolerant of heat as ABS. PLA is generally the preferred option for low-cost 3D printers because it is stickier and easier to print with than ABS. Compatibility may vary from printer to printer based upon the manufacturer's settings & the intended use of the printer.
- Filament diameters: 1.75mm & 3mm
- Benefits: bio-friendly, easy to use, minimal warping, minimal shrinking, and can be painted
- Tolerances: +0.003"/ -0.003"
- Optimal print temp: 195ºC-215ºC
- Optimal bed temp: 60ºC
- For use with most FDM 3D printers
- Filaments adhere to accepted industry standards
- Sold by 1kg reels