Polyvinylidene Fluoride (PVDF) is a tough, abrasion-resistant fluorocarbon material. It has versatile chemical resistance to salts, strong acids, dilute bases and many organic solvents, such as the aromatics, the aliphatics and the chlorinated groups. It is ideally suited for handling wet or dry chlorine, bromine, and other halogens. No other solid thermoplastic piping material can approach the combined strength, working temperature, and chemical resistance characteristics of PVDF. It is joined by the thermo-sealing socket fusion process, threading, or flanging. Because there are no surface micropores to encourage biological growth, Kynar® systems are intended for ultra-high pure water and chemical services, such as electronics, pharmaceuticals, and processed foods and beverages.
- Red Kynar® PVDF
- Free of metallic ions & foreign organic compounds
- Hard-polish surface of components will remain intact
- Piping systems will not release particulate to the fluid medium
- Design stress: 1360 psi at 73°F
- Maximum service temperature: 280°F
- Red pigment masks the penetration of UV rays
- Strong bases & some organic chemicals such as polar solvents & esters can attack PVDF
- Length: 2.46"