This air-release vacuum break valve allows air to evacuate while filling a pipeline or tank. It also permits air intake while draining to prevent vacuum formation. Install one wherever air is most likely to collect or at the highest elevation points in a system. The elbow at the top has female NPT threads, allowing for connection to a hose or pipe to contain any minor spillage. Meanwhile, the valve checks and further protects against the admittance of dirt or debris into the system.
- Nylon body, polypropylene float & elbow, EPDM seal & o-ring
- Install in the VERTICAL position
- Valve position must be within 5° of top of pipe to allow for proper alignment & movement of float
- Operating temperature: 33°F to 140°F
- Max. working pressure: 150 psi
- Min. working pressure: 1.5 psi
- Size Selection: Use the 1" valve with 1/2" to 2" pipe. Use the 2" valve with 2-1/2" to 4" pipe