The air-release vacuum break valves allow for the evacuation of air while filling a pipeline or tank. It also allows for the intake of air while draining to prevent vacuum formation. Install a valve where the air is most likely to collect or at the highest elevation location points in the system. The elbow at the top of the valve has female NPT threads, allowing for connection to a hose or pipe to contain any minor spillage while the valve checks and further protect against the admittance of dirt, debris, etc., into the system.
- Nylon body, polypropylene float & elbow, EPDM seal & o-ring
- Install in the VERTICAL position
- Valve position must be within 5° of top of pipe to allow for proper alignment & movement of float
- Operating temperature: 33°F to 140°F
- Max. working pressure: 150 psi
- Min. working pressure: 1.5 psi
- Size Selection: Use the 1" valve with 1/2" to 2" pipe. Use the 2" valve with 2-1/2" to 4" pipe