These air-release vacuum break valves allow air to evacuate while filling a pipeline or tank. They also permit air intake while draining to prevent vacuum formation. Install these valves wherever air is most likely to collect or at the highest elevation points in a system. The elbow at the top of these valves has a female NPT thread, allowing for connection to a hose or pipe to contain any minor spillage. Meanwhile, the valve checks and further protects against the admittance of dirt or debris into the system.
- Nylon body, polypropylene float & elbow, EPDM seal & o-ring
- Install in the VERTICAL position
- Valve position must be within 5° of top of pipe to allow for proper alignment & movement of float
- Operating temperature: 33°F to 140°F
- Max. working pressure: 150 psi
- Min. working pressure: 1.5 psi
- Size Selection: Use the 1" valve with 1/2" to 2" pipe. Use the 2" valve with 2-1/2" to 4" pipe