Dielectric Unions are used in commercial and residential applications to prevent accelerated corrosion and deterioration in the piping system due to galvanic and stray current. The galvanized steel nut connects the two tailpiece connections, one a galvanized steel IPS end and the other a brass sweat end that connects to copper pipe. The nylon insulator fits on the outside of the union to separate the galvanized steel and brass pieces. The silicone washer is designed to separate the metals inside the union, preventing the water from carrying an electric current and corroding the metal. Dielectric unions are ideal for hot water storage tanks, air conditioners, processing tanks, steam, gas, and water piping.
- Galvanized steel nut and IPS connection
- Brass sweat connection
- Nylon insert
- Silicone rubber gasket
- Dimensions: 4.02" L x 4.02" W x 3.09" Hgt.
- Maximum pressure rating: 250 psi
- Maximum temperature: 180°F
- Threads conform to ANSI/ASME B1.20.1
- Sweat connections conform to ANSI/ASME B16.18