These caps provide a wide range of chemical compatibility and the PTFE liner resist attack from virtually all chemicals. The F-217 foam-backed PTFE liners resist attack from virtually all chemicals at room temperature and provides odor and impact resilience for a tight seal with a low moisture transmission rate. F-217 has a low density foam core between two solid layers of LDPE (low density polyethylene). Green Melamine Caps: compound from which the part is molded is an alpha cellulose filled melamine-formaldehyde condensation resin. Green Urea Caps: compound from which the cap is molded is an alpha cellulose filled urea-formaldehyde condensation resin. Some uses for these F-217/PTFE lined caps include analytical lab samples, high purity chemicals, strong acids solvents, environmental samples, pharmaceuticals, and diagnostic reagents.
- Green melamine or urea cap
- PTFE liner with foamed PE backing
- Melamine meets 21 CFR 177.1460
- Urea meets 21 CFR 177.1900
- Color green easily identifies the PTFE liner system
- Provides the widest range of chemical compatibility
- Most temperature tolerant of plastic closures