When pipeline system components require protection from dirt and debris and the line can be shut down for basket cleaning, this is the ideal choice. Unwanted particles are removed as the process media passes through a perforated strainer basket contained inside the strainer body. Basket traps the unwanted material while allowing the process media to flow freely. Turning the operating handle on the diverter valve assembly switches the flow from one strainer housing to the other. Then, the out of service housing can be serviced by opening the hand removable, spin-off cover that features two angled handles for easy access to the strainer basket. Housings have external cover threads that do not contact the process media and never need cleaning. Just loosen the connection assembly nuts on the bottom diverter valve and rotate it 180° to convert from one type of connection to the other. Flanged, Corzan®, and clear Eastar® available by special order.
- PVC or CPVC
- No system shutdown for basket cleaning
- Ergonomic hand-removable cover
- In-line or loop connections
- Integral flat mounting bases
- Hand removable vents on covers & drains on bodies
- 1/2" - 1" have 1/32" perforations & 1-1/2" - 4" have 1/8" perforations.
- Maximum pressure: 150 psi @ 70°F