More flexible than glass or metals, acrylic is more rigid than many other plastics such as acetates, polycarbonates, or vinyl. Extruded acrylic sheet is more economical and has a lower forming temperature than cast acrylic, however, it is more prone to scratching. Extruded acrylic sheet complies with FDA requirements for food contact, which also makes it an ideal choice for restaurants, retail stores, grocery stores, cafeterias, and much more. NOTE: components made of Acrylic sheet should not be exposed to high heat sources such as high wattage incandescent lamps unless the finished product is ventilated to permit the dissipation of heat.
- Extruded acrylic
- Half the weight of glass & more impact resistant
- Meets ANSI Z97.1 for use as a safety glazing material
- Clear, colorless; light transmittance is 92%
- Tolerance: ± .187" on sizes under 48" x 96"
- Extruded forming temperature: 290°F to 320°F
- Extruded temp.: -30°F to 160°F continuous (190°F intermittent)
- Sheets 48" x 48" & larger must ship motor freight
- Meets FDA standards