More flexible than glass or metals, acrylic is more rigid than many other plastics such as acetates, polycarbonates or vinyls. NOTE: components made of Acrylic sheet should not be exposed to high heat sources such as high wattage incandescent lamps, unless the finished product is ventilated to permit the dissipation of heat.
- Extruded acrylic
- Half the weight of glass & more impact resistant
- Meets ANSI Z97.1 for use as a safety glazing material
- Clear, colorless; light transmittance is 92%
- Tolerance: +/- .187" on sizes under 48" x 96"
- Extruded forming temperature: 290°F-320°F
- Extruded temp.: -30°F to 160°F cont. (190°F intermittent)
- Sheets 48" x 48" & larger must ship motor freight
- Meets FDA standards