More flexible than glass or metals, acrylic is more rigid than many other plastics such as acetates, polycarbonates, or vinyl. Cast acrylic sheet is more scratch-resistant than an extruded sheet. Both extruded and cast acrylic sheets comply with FDA requirements for food contact, which also makes them an ideal choice for restaurants, retail stores, grocery stores, cafeterias, and much more. NOTE: components made of Acrylic sheet should not be exposed to high heat sources such as high wattage incandescent lamps unless the finished product is ventilated to permit the dissipation of heat.
- Cast acrylic
- Half the weight of glass & more impact resistant
- Meets ANSI Z97.1 for use as a safety glazing material
- Clear, colorless; light transmittance is 92%
- Tolerance: ± .187" on sizes under 48" x 96"
- Cast forming temperature: 340°F to 380°F
- Cast working temperature -40°F to 180°F continuous (200°F intermittent)
- Sheets 48" x 48" & larger must ship motor freight
- Meets FDA standards