Resistant to oils, greases, and fuels, Superthane® is commonly used in fuel applications. Polyurethane is extremely resistant to weathering, but for resistance to moisture and fungi, Superthane® Ether is recommended. This tubing can be heat sealed, coiled, fabricated, or bonded. Hydrolytic Stability - Ester polyurethane does not react well with water, prolonged humid conditions, or fungi attack. Superthane® PU tubing is much more resistant to pressure and vacuum applications than corresponding sizes of PVC or rubber. Although polyurethane is commonly used in fuel applications, field testing should be performed due to additives in today's gasoline and petroleum products. Superthane® is a registered trademark of NewAge® Industries.
- Ester-based; plasticizer & phthalate-free
- Durometer hardness (shore A): 85 ±5
- Temperature range: -85°F to 185°F
- Working pressure @ 70°F: 36 psi
- Burst pressure @ 70°F: 108 psi
- Tensile strength: 6000 psi
- Elongation at break: 550%
- Meets FDA standards
- Priced per foot; sold in 10' intervals only. Standard length is 100'.