What is a Spigot (SPIG), and how does it differ from Socket and Hub?

The end connection of a fitting that is to be assembled into another fitting is called the “Spigot.”  The spigot end of a fitting has the same outside diameter as pipe.  The common female connection of PVC fittings is referred to as the socket or hub, and the spigot end of a fitting can be inserted into a Hub or Socket.
Article Title:
What is a Spigot (SPIG), and how does it differ from Socket and Hub?
Article Summary:
What the difference is between spigot and socket or hub.
Article Date:
Article ID:
463 user(s) found this article useful. Was this article useful to you?

Information disclaimer:

The information contained in this article is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by United States Plastic Corp. and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.

In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of materials, time or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this information.