Ace Residential Float Drums:
1. To be used for residential private docks only (not commercial or public).
2. Not to be used as a life saving device.
3. Warranted for 90 days from manufacturing defects. The warranty does not cover any float drum that has been subject to negligence, misuse, alterations, accidents, ice movement, storm abuse, or improper installation and support. See "Residential Air-Filled Float Drum Warranty" for details.
Vent Plug (if equipped):
1. Do not insert vent plug until you are ready to use float drum.
2. Before inserting vent plug, make sure to drain the float drum of any water than might have seeped through the plug hole.
3. Apply silicone or pipe sealer on vent plug to keep the inside of the float drum waterproof.
4. Use a 5/16 inch Allen wrench to insert vent plug.
5. Thread vent plug in float drum until the top of the plug is level with the top of the float drum.
Floating Dock Requirements:
1. Floating docks are to be placed only on calm water where minimum wave action occurs. No white caps!
2. Each floating dock should consist of at least 100 square feet. This can be obtained by bolting several dock sections together that then totals 100 sq. ft. or more. Example: two 5 ft. x 10 ft. dock sections
Attaching the Float Drums to the Dock Frame:
1. Use at least four (if not all) mounting slots to attach the float drum to the dock frame.
2. Use galvanized or stainless steel 3/8" bolts, screws, washers and/or lock nuts.
3. The dock frame must support both sides and ends of the float drum.
4. Place float drums evenly spaced on the bottom of the dock section.
5. A float drum must be in each corner of the dock section.
Chart will help determine the size and amount of float drums required to support your dock:
||13 sq. ft.|
||18 sq. ft.|
||18 sq. ft.|
||24 sq. ft.|
(chart is based on the dock section(s) not exceeding 5 lbs. per sq. ft.)
Example: A 4'x 25' dock (100 sq. ft.) requires six ARFT2448-12 (18 sq. ft.) or five ARFT2448-16 (24 sq. ft.) float drums.
For additional information on Ace Residential Float Drums and other Ace Dock Accessories, call toll-free, 1-877-ACE-6260 or go online – http://www.acedockaccessories.com/.
The information contained in this article is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by
United States Plastic Corp. and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or
warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with
respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose.
Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss
or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of materials, time or profits arising out of,
or in connection with, the use of this information.