← Back to Articles

Furniture Grade Pipe and Fittings FAQ’s.

Q. Can regular PVC pipe be used with the Furniture Grade Fittings?

A. The 1", 1-1/4", and 1-1/2" have the same OD as the SCH40 and SCH80 Pipe. SCH40 and SCH80 pipe can be used instead of the furniture grade pipe with the furniture grade fittings.

The 3/4" CTS size Furniture Grade Pipe does not fit SCH40 or SCH80 pipe.

We offer Furniture Grade Pipe in the following sizes.

3/4" CTS .875" OD, .675" ID, .100" Wall

1" 1.315" OD, 1.049" ID, .133" Wall

1-1/4" 1.66" OD, 1.394" ID, .113" Wall

1-1/2" 1.90" OD, 1.69" ID, .105" Wall

Q. What is the difference between the Furniture Grade Tee, the Slip Tee and the Sling Slip Tee?

A. The Tee fits onto the end of pipe. There is a stop inside that does not allow the pipe to slide all the way through the Tee.

The Slip Tee does not have the stop. The pipe will slide all the way through the top of the Tee. The slip tee slide snuggly on the pipe.

The Sling Slip Tee also does not have a stop inside and allows the pipe to slide all the way through the top. The Sling Slip Tee fits loosely on the pipe and which allows the tee to swing around on the pipe.

Q. Is the 5-way cross available in sizes other then the 1-1/4"?

A. No, unfortunately we only offer it in one size, which is 1-1/4".

Q. Can PVC pipe cement be used on the Furniture Grade pipe and fittings?

A. Yes, it can. PVC cement will allow you to make secure permanent connects. You can use the #45044 clear PVC cement and #28292 Clear PVC primer.

Q. Do you sell the Cushions for the PVC Furniture?

A. No, we do not.

Q. The fittings seem a little small and I am having a hard time putting them on. What can be done?

A. Furniture grade fittings are designed to fit tight so that they can be used for items that can be disassembled without falling apart easily. If you have trouble getting them on a rubber mallet can be used.

Q. Will the internal fittings fit SCH40 or SCH80 PVC pipe?

A. No, they will not. The Internal Pipe is 1.66" OD, 1.46" ID and has a .100" wall.

Title: Furniture Grade Pipe and Fittings FAQ’s.
Description: Answers to commonly asked questions about the Furniture Grade Pipe.
Published: 7/28/2008
Last Edited: 12/29/2022

7 users found this article useful. Was this article useful to you?


Information disclaimer:

The information contained in this article is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by United States Plastic Corp. and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.

In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of materials, time or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this information.