Use two-part epoxy or neoprene-based cement.
- Clean both surfaces well, using a cleaner such as alcohol to eliminate even fingerprint oil.
- Roughen both edges that will be bonded - the side of the plastic and the side of whatever you are going to adhere to it using 4-0 sandpaper.
- Oxidize the surface of the plastic with an open flame, such as a hand-held torch, using just a couple of fast passes. Do not allow the material to blister.
- Apply adhesive to both surfaces, and allow to dry until it becomes tacky.
- Press the pieces together and clamp tightly. Allow it to sit overnight.
Effective adhesion depends on load, humidity, and temperature, so there is no guarantee. These are recommendations only.
Title: Bonding UHMW
Description: Bonding UHMW
Last Edited: 1/5/2023
The information contained in this article is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by
United States Plastic Corp. and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or
warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with
respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose.
Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss
or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of materials, time or profits arising out of,
or in connection with, the use of this information.