← Back to Articles

Do you carry any unmarked pipe? Or can the markings be removed from the pipe?

The only unmarked pipe that we carry is the furniture grade pipe. All our plumbing pipes such as SCH40, SCH80, and sewer and drain pipe are marked.

The PVC SCH40 and 80 is marked with the following: the manufacturers name (or the manufactures trademark when privately labeled); the nominal pipe size; the material designation code; the pipe schedule and pressure rating in PSI for water @ 73° F; the ASTM designation D1785; and the independent laboratory’s seal of approval for potable water usage.

The only way to remove the markings is to use rubbing alcohol. This only works if the ink has not been on the pipe for a long period of time. This also may not completely remove all the ink.

Title: Do you carry any unmarked pipe? Or can the markings be removed from the pipe?
Description: What you can do if you need unmarked pipe.
Published: 11/26/2007
Last Edited: 5/4/2012
2 users found this article useful. Was this article useful to you?

Information disclaimer:

The information contained in this article is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by United States Plastic Corp. and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.

In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of materials, time or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this information.