Pressed Felt Strips Felt is a remarkable fabric, created without the use of stitching, weaving, or knitting. Instead, felt is fabricated by the interlocking of fibers through a combination of mechanical work, chemical action, moisture, and heat. Felt may consist of one or more classes of fibers, wool, reprocessed wool, and reused wool, with or without admixture with animal, vegetable, and synthetic fibers.
- SAE F-1 Felt contains a minimum of 95% wool
- Available in a standard thickness range of 1/8 inches to 1 inch, with a density of 16 lbs/sq. yd.
- It is suitable for oil retention in installations where the felt is not compressed
- For feeding low viscosity or light oil, and where unusual strength and hardness are required
- Strips sold in full rolls only