The following techniques for cleaning VIVAK sheet are based on standard industry practice. To ensure the acceptability of the results, always test a sample of the material with the cleaner and technique to be used.
- Do use clean, soft cloths or sponges for the application of cleaners and again for washing and rinsing.
- Do follow up the application with warm water rinse.
- Don’t use abrasives or high alkaline cleaners.
- Don't leave cleaners on the VIVAK sheet for long periods. Wash immediately.
- Don’t apply cleaners in direct sunlight or at elevated temperatures.
- Don’t use scrapers, squeegees or razors.
- Don’t clean with gasoline.
Compatible Cleaners and Detergents: Formula 4091 Top Job2, Joy2, Palmolive3, Windex with Ammonia D4
ToMINIMIZE FINE OR HAIRLINE SCRATCHES: Mild automotive polish applied and removed with a soft, clean cloth will help fill scratches.
Suggested Polishes: Johnson Paste Wax, Mirror Glaze #10 Plastic Polish (by Mirror Bright Polish Co., Pasadena, CA), Novus Plastics
Polish #1, #2 (by Novus, Inc., Minneapolis MN)
® Registered trademarks of 1Clorox, 2Proctor & Gamble, 3Colgate-Palmolive, 4 Drackett Products
Title: How do you clean VIVAK®?
Last Edited: 1/5/2023
The information contained in this article is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by
United States Plastic Corp. and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or
warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with
respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose.
Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss
or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of materials, time or profits arising out of,
or in connection with, the use of this information.