Personal Protection Personal protective equipment (PPE) can reduce the number and severity of injuries and illnesses. Personal protective equipment not only helps protect people, but also improves productivity and profits. Here are some helpful tips for using appropriate protective equipment when the job and its potential hazards call for it:
- Protect your head with a hard hat when performing construction work, trimming trees, repairing machinery, and doing other jobs with head injury risks. Hard hats are a must if there is any danger to the head!
- Use a sun safety hat (one with a wide brim and neck protection) to assist in the prevention of skin cancer.
- Protect your vision with appropriate safety eyewear (safety glasses, goggles, face-shields) when applying pesticides, fertilizers, working in the shop, or in heavy dust conditions.
- Protect your hearing with acoustic earmuffs or plugs when operating noisy equipment such as grain dryers, feed grinders, older tractors, chain saws, etc.
- Protect your lungs with the correct respiratory equipment (dust masks, cartridge respirators, gas masks, air pacts) when working in dusty or moldy conditions, spray painting, applying chemicals, working in bins, tanks, silos, and manure storage places.
- Protect your hands from everyday abuse with job-matched gloves and barrier creams.
- Protect your feet with safety shoes or boots with non-slip soles and heels.
-Protect your skin with impervious garments when using toxic or irritating chemicals. In addition, use sunscreen to protect against the sun’s harmful rays.
The information contained in this article is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by
United States Plastic Corp. and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or
warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with
respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose.
Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss
or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of materials, time or profits arising out of,
or in connection with, the use of this information.