1. The closure is one piece and liner less. It works with the bottle to create a guaranteed leakproof system.
2. There is a molded in ring seal inside the closure which fits tightly against the beveled inner edge (chamfer) of the bottle neck. This makes the Nalgene bottle a leakproof system.
3. The threads on their bottles have a continuous, straight-shouldered semi-buttress thread, not low quality round threads.
4. The shrink ring at the neck of most Nalgene bottles is molded so the inside surface is smooth, minimizing content entrapment.
5. They have heavy duty uniform walls which are generally thicker and very resistant to splitting or puncturing.
6. The bottom has curved inner corners for easy cleaning and a stable base with permanent molded-in resin code and volume.
7. Nalgene bottles and carboys contain no extenders or plasticizers such as phthalates (except for the PVC), which eliminates a source of sampling contamination.
Unlike a lot of plastic bottles, most of the Nalgene bottles (up to 4 liter) are injection blow-molded. This allows for more precise molding of the neck area and chamfer and more consistent wall thickness distribution. Injection blow-molded bottles feature a smoother, more stable bottom with less molded-in stress for greater product reliability. There are no pinch-offs to cause creases or splits which could harbor contaminants.
Title: What makes Nalgene bottles better than other bottles?
Description: How Nalgene bottles compare to competitors bottles.
Last Edited: 9/19/2013
The information contained in this article is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by
United States Plastic Corp. and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or
warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with
respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose.
Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss
or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of materials, time or profits arising out of,
or in connection with, the use of this information.