< Back to Articles
How to measure reclosable bags.
Measuring for a Reclosable Bag
1) The length (L) is measured from the bottom of the bag to the base of the reclosable seal.
2) The Width (W) of the bag is measured from side to side.
3) For rigid items, add ½” to the width of the bag to allow the item to fit through the opening.
4) For thick or bulky items adjust dimensions accordingly.
5) Add 1/2” to 2” to both dimensions for a looser fit.
Example: if the product side is 3-1/2” wide by 5-1/2” deep, the bag dimensions should measure 4”W X 6”L.
Title: How to measure reclosable bags.
Description: Measuring for a Reclosable Bag
Last Edited: 10/3/2013
The information contained in this article is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by
United States Plastic Corp. and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or
warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with
respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose.
Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss
or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of materials, time or profits arising out of,
or in connection with, the use of this information.