- Using a hole saw, drill the appropriate size hole for your fitting in the desired location on your tank. Be careful not to drill your hole too close to a corner or the rounded bottom edge of the tank preventing you from being able to insert the fitting through the hole.
- Deburr the hole's edge on both sides to provide a smooth surface to allow the gasket to seal properly. Do not deburr too much material around the opening; remove the lip and any remaining shavings from the saw cut.
- Place one of the gaskets onto the fitting.
- Reach inside the tank and insert the fitting through the hole. The threaded end should stick out the tank wall, and the flanged end and gasket should be inside the tank.
- If your fitting includes a second gasket, place that one on the threads sticking out of the tank.
- Thread on the nut. The nut should be hand-tight plus a 1/2 turn. Be careful not to over-tighten, which may distort the gasket and cause a leak.
Shop Bulkhead Fittings & Adapters
Don't want to install a fitting yourself? No worries, we can do it for you on many of our tanks. All you have to do is order an installed fitting along with a tank and let us know where on the tank you would like it installed. Watch our quick video below to learn more about that process.
Title: Installing Tank Fittings
Description: Directions on installing your Tank Fitting
Last Edited: 1/17/2023
The information contained in this article is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by
United States Plastic Corp. and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or
warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with
respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose.
Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss
or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of materials, time or profits arising out of,
or in connection with, the use of this information.